Sunday, June 1, 2014

Beach Front Property? Woman Turns Front Yard Into A Beach

Kansas City, MO- What do you call a house surrounded by sand? Sounds like a beach house, right?

But get this, there's a home in Kansas City, nowhere near the beach, that's completely enclosed in sand.

Homeowner, Georgianna Reid, says she decided to convert her yard into a beach-like atmosphere after contractors tore it up.

There’s even beach chairs in front of her home.

While some neighbors admire her unique landscaping decision, others feel it's not the right look for the neighborhood.

Some even filed complaints with the city.

However, in the end, the city says Reid isn't violating any codes because the sand is being used for landscaping.

"I slowed down to see the statues and everything," said resident Kathy Devine. “I like it"

Other residents disagree.

"I think the house looks revolting with all that’s out there," said neighbor Edward Bisby.

"It just doesn't fit in. It just doesn't fit in the Brookside neighborhood I feel," said neighbor Betty.

Reid says part of the reason she turned her yard into a beach was for less upkeep.

"Now being over 60 I've decided that I've owned the house for 33 years, and that I wasn't going to mow anymore or water," said Reid. "It'd all depend on how my neighbors would come by - what are you doing to your yard? I would say, I’m putting gin the largest litter box in the world."


Turns out, it took Reid 80 tons of sand to completely cover her yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts